Transplant Risk Stabilizer
Organ and tissue transplants are a major concern for employers with self-funded plans. That’s why Berkley Accident and Health offers a next-generation solution that can make transplant costs more predictable. Combined with our Berkley Edge support, we can support employers through the transplant process and make transplant claims more manageable.
Our Transplant Risk Stabilizer program has many advantages over carve-out coverage and transplant programs of the past:
- No new lasers at renewal
- All patient claims (transplant and non-transplant) are covered by the same deductible and can be submitted together
- Seamless coverage from one insurer
- Easy administration with only one claim form
The projected average cost for a heart transplant in 2020 was $1.6 millionMilliman U.S. Organ and Tissue Transplant Cost Estimates and Discussion
How Transplant Risk Stabilizer works
- Employers can select from a 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% lower Specific deductible, depending on their needs.
- The Specific deductible is reduced when a covered transplant occurs at a qualifying Centers of Excellence facility.
- The reduction applies to all covered expenses for that individual, whether related to the transplant or not.
For more information about this option, contact your Berkley Accident and Health representative.
Other restrictions may apply. Ask your Berkley Accident and Health representative for more information.