Whether it’s a sprain or something more severe, help your group members cover costly out of pocket expenses resulting from a covered accident
Accidents happen. Across the U.S., there were more than 37 million injury-related Emergency Room visits1 and adolescents alone account for 8 million sports-related injuries each year that require treatment at a hospital, sports medicine clinic, or primary care physician.2 These accidental injuries can impact those injured, as well as their families, and can pose a potential liability exposure for groups and organizations.
Why offer Group Participant Accident Insurance?
- Participant Accident insurance provides benefits for participants accidentally injured in sponsored activities.
- Benefits can be used to help them cover high deductibles, co-payments, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
- It helps the sponsoring organization to increase its value to volunteers, members, or participants.
- Also it helps to protect against costly liability claims by covering accidental injuries under a separate accident policy.
- Coverage flexibility through accident medical expense benefits available on either an excess or primary basis.
- Schools (Charter, Private, Public)
- Youth and Amateur Sports
- Teams, Leagues, Associations
- Humanitarian, Social Services
- Civic and Fraternal Organizations
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Religious Organizations
- Volunteer Organizations
- Youth Groups
- Day Care
- Camps and Conferences
- Special Events
- National Governing Bodies
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Other custom groups
To learn more, ask your insurance broker or agent about protection from Berkley Accident and HealthFind an Expert
1 National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey, 2013 Emergency Department Summary Tables, www.cdc.gov.
2 Nationwide Children’s Hospital 2013, Kid’s Sports Injuries: The Numbers are Impressive, www.nationwidechildrens.org.