2017 Berkley Captive Symposium
Berkley Accident and Health Hosts its Largest Captive Symposium to Date
May 31, 2017 – Hamilton Square, NJ – Berkley Accident and Health, a Berkley Company, welcomed more than 200 attendees and guests to the 2017 Berkley Captive Symposium. The three-day meeting is a signature event for Berkley Accident and Health. It brings together a unique mix of captive members, brokers, TPAs, and risk management experts for a powerful time of education, collaboration, and networking.
Held April 23-26 in Grand Cayman, the Symposium is a dynamic time to share ideas and talk specifics about health risk management strategies and execution. The event featured:
- Educational sessions on tactics to manage first-dollar and catastrophic claims, including: specialty Rx, telehealth, obesity management, COBRA enrollments, and reference based pricing
- Mike Ferguson, President and CEO of the Self-Insurance Institute of America (SIIA), who shared insights into the current political and regulatory landscape
- Adam Russo, CEO of The Phia Group, who discusse cost-containment techniques for plan documents
- Annual business meetings for several Berkley programs, focusing on: financial results, new member-driven initiatives, and collaborative risk management strategies
- Orientation for new captive members and case studies, as well as networking opportunities for attendees to connect with each other in relaxed settings
The 7th annual Berkley Captive Symposium was the largest and most successful meeting to date.
“It was a great opportunity to learn more about what others are doing to control medical and Rx costs,” stated one attendee. In the follow-up survey, 100% of respondents stated they were “very likely to recommend the Symposium to a colleague or friend.”
The Berkley Captive Symposium is an invitation-only event for captive members and distribution partners of Berkley Accident and Health. To learn about next year’s event, please contact one of Berkley Accident and Health’s captive business development leaders about attending next year: Find your local EmCap expert.
About Berkley Accident and Health
Berkley Accident and Health is a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 company. Berkley Accident and Health provides an innovative portfolio of accident and health insurance products. It offers four categories of products: Employer Stop Loss, Group Captive, Managed Care (including HMO Reinsurance and Provider Excess), and Specialty Accident. The company underwrites Stop Loss coverage through Berkley Life and Health Insurance Company, rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best. For more information, please visit BerkleyAH.com or BenefitsCaptives.com.
Berkley Accident and Health
2445 Kuser Road, Suite 201
Hamilton Square, NJ 08690